most of us are aware of the fact we need a balanced diet and proper workout routine to stay healthy, well there is
important regular exercise and a healthy diet, its
time to understand the importance of sleep and
its relation with overall health.
How much sleep do you really need?
A lot of theories say that we must sleep ideal number from anything between 6 to 8 hours for the average adult. Not everyone needs the same hours every night it varies greatly by individual.
There is another interesting way to find out how much sleep you actually need. Do not set an alarm for the next day and go to sleep at a fixed time every day. Note the time you wake up naturally. Do keep in mind that you may sleep a little extra for the first few days to battle sleep debt. Repeat the exercise for a week or two weeks and notice your sleeping pattern. Once you know how much sleep you actually need, set your nighttime routine to reflect the same
- Newborn (0-3 months) 14-17 hours each day
- Infants (4-11 months) 12-15 hours each day
- Toddlers (1-2 years) 11-14 hours each day
- Preschoolers (3-5) 10-13 hours each day
- School-age Children (6-13) 9-11 hours each day
- Teenagers (14-17) 8-10 hours each day
- Adult (26-64) 7-9 hours each day
- Older adult (65+) 7-8 hour each day